Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Upcoming Collections: China Glaze "Poolside": Summer 2010. Swatches Part 2: "Sun Worshiper" and "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"



Today I have two more neons to share from the Poolside Collection. Let's take a look:


"Sun Worshiper" is a vibrant warm orange tone. This is actually a very interesting color, though I am not sure it will regularly be seen on my nails. I do like it though. This color photographed much truer than the colors I swatched yesterday. It's not raining here but it's overcast; The little bit of sun hiding behind the clouds made for much better photo opportunities.

The formula on this one was a little difficult to work with and I did have some streaks and balding, though thankfully not on the hand I photographed.

I used three coats and still had VNL though I don't think you can see it in the photos so that's good.




What would a neon collection be without a vibrant florescent highlighter like yellow? That's where "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" comes in. This color photographed pretty accurately given the lack of sun.

So far "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" has been the hardest to work with. The formula is thin and runny but dries so fast you're left with streaking and blading. I needed four coats of this and I STILL had the dreaded VNL. Ugh!!!!

If you can live without the yellow skip this one, not worth the effort in my opinion.









This collection will be released on April 1, 2010. Stay tuned for swatches of the final two colors.





Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This collection was furnished to me by China Glaze for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

8 comments:

I like them both! Did you try putting them over a white base coat? It really made applying Yellow Polka Dot Bikini loads easier, I was able to get it right in two coats after doing that.

Thanks Nicole! I didn't try that this time but I think I will if I wear these as a full mani soon. I think that makes more sense than 100 coats and VNL lol

I think I could live without these colors ;-) they are really bold (even if orange looks...yummy)!

I hear you on that, these are extreme for sure LOL

the more I see these polishes swatched, the more I want to buy them! XD

LOL I cannot tell you how many polishes I had to get after seeing swatches, it's sick LOL