Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Claire's Mood Color Changing Nail Polish in "Calm/Wild"

Happy Wednesday readers! Today I have a Claire's Mood Color Changing Polish to share with you. I have seen so many wonderful swatches of this stuff I just had to get my hands on some. Last week I went to lunch and shopped a little with my mom so I picked up two of the Claire's Mood polishes. The first I want to share with you is Calm/Wild.

Calm/Wild is the polish that is both purple and pink. It's a sort of shimmer (not frost) formula. Now the thing that drew me to these polishes was the fact that on most long-ish nails it created a "funky french" with one color on top like a french tip and the other color on the bottom portion of the nail. Now on me I was a bit disappointed because that was not as noticeable. The only time I really saw the results I'd want to see was when I was driving in my car with the AC on. I guess my nails were close enough to the cool air to change color on the tips.

The formula is okay. I found it decent to work with but I needed 3 coats for opacity which annoys me. But I found it decent to apply, I didn't think it was too thick. Most people have complained about staying power but for me, using Seche Vite top coat, I got a few good days out of it. Nothing to really complain about.

On to the photos. I did my best to show you how it is most of the time, then hot, then cool. Hope this helps:




These polishes can be purchased at Claire's Boutiques in you local mall for around $5. They are usually Buy One Get One 1/2 off so two for $7.50 not too bad at all.

Enjoy the rest of the week! Thanks for stopping by!

Prim and Polished

4 comments:

The effect is somehow suble but nice...Want them!

I only have calm/wild and got some good wear with it. I did wait until my nails wre longer for the funky french but it didn't appear near as much as some of our nailblooggin lady friends!

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get the funky french effect as my nails are quite short, but I want to get some of the mood polishes anyway.

This is about how long my nails get before I can't stand how they look LOL and I didn't get the major french look like others have. :( I wish I did, some ppl get amazing ones,