Friday, August 13, 2010

Deborah Lippmann: "Waking up in Vegas"

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful week and have an even better weekend! My husband and I are going Zip-lining with some friends tomorrow and I am scared. There are 5 "canopy" zip-lines, two sky bridges and an optional rope walk and cargo net course on the tour. I am so scared because the highest one is 70 feet high. WOAH! I hope I don't chicken out. I will keep you posted on how that goes.

Today I wanted to share Deborah Lippmann's Waking up in Vegas with you because I am sure you noticed it's been getting a lot of press since Lady Gaga wore it on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine:


It's described by the company as a "putty-licious gray" creme. It's a basic light cream color which is pretty on trend right now. I think this color works for many skin tones, I have seen it swatched on pale skin, medium skin, tan skin and dark skin and I have liked it on all.

The formula is quite nice on this one. In fact, it was opaque in ONE coat. However, I ruined my one coat wonder by adding a second thinking I'd fix any mistakes I made but this baby actually looked much better (IMO) with the one coat. I love one coat wonders! I found two coats to be overkill and all I really did was create streaks. One coat for me next time for sure.




She's a beauty!!!! I love this color. Edgy but totally work appropriate. I wore it to court the other day and handled arraignments on the docket for the defense and no one said anything about it being inappropriate so there's my green light to wear it to work!

You can get Lippmann polishes at Nordstrom or online. This color is $16.

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This polish was furnished to me by PR for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.


6 comments:

Hey Gina :)
I love your blog so that's why I tagged you in my Sweet Blog award's!
You can see the post here: http://paintawaygirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/sweet-friend-award.html
Thanks :Dxoxo

The color looks nice on you. For me this is one of those colors I can just pass on. It's to much of a mix of tan and grey for me.

I love that color...now I know for sure it can stay on my whishlist ;)

I agree exactly with Allison. This color does nothing for me.

Thanks for the tag Paige!!! :-)

Allison and Megan, Really? I dig colors like this. It's def dupable though I think.

Martje, gald you like it.

Pretty! And definitely a fun way to mix up polishes you wear to work :) Looks lovely on you