Thursday, August 26, 2010

Essie Merino Cool and a Possible Chanel Paradoxal Dupe

Hello readers! I hope all is well. Sorry it's been a slow week but I didn't have much sun here this week so I wasn't able to take any new photos and didn't have any posts lined up. My bad! I received the Essie Fall Collection and I am excited to share this with you. I think the colors in this collection are really beautiful and perfect for fall.



Today I want to show you one of the gorgeous colors from Essie's Fall Collection. This is Merino Cool: Essie describes this as a "sensuous autumn mulberry" whatever that means LOL. It's a purple/grey color reminiscent of Sephora by OPI Metro Chic. I love colors like this so I am really happy with the color.

The formula on this was quite nice. No problems to report. I am generally a big fan of Essie and this is no exception.










Now I may have a possible Chanel Paradoxal dupe here though I am positive that my photos are not good quality at all because they were taken in overcast sort of dreary weather. However, use your imagination and you may have yourself a little dupe here. I used Merino Cool with the CND effect in Amethyst Sparkle and I swear in real life it's close to Paradoxal.

See Vampy Varnish's swatches of Paradoxal here.



What do you think of Merino Cool? What other colors from the Fall Collection are you excited about? Is this combo a close enough dupe for you? I think it is for me. I don't want to shell out Chanel money for that color LOL I am too cheap.

Have a great day!

Prim and Polished

Disclosure: This collection was furnished to me by PR for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion.

10 comments:

not sure if it's a dupe, but it's gorgeous. I have both of these polishes, I'm going to have to wear this combo soon!

i la la love essie! their cremes are almost jelly-like a lot of the time and i love it! a lot of people don't like them and i don't know why.

Jen, be sure to let me know how you like the combo in real life!!!!

Kellie, I agree - I never understood the hate for Essie I have always been impressed with their stuff. I love Lollipop for that Jelly Creme like texture!!!

Love the layering! <3 I don't know if it's a dupe, I don't have any chanel :( (yet!)

I really like the CND over top of Merino Cool. I'm not usually a taupe kinda gal, but with the extra subtle bling of CND, it makes it work!

Paradoxal's base is a lot darker.. its almost like a plum color. But I think that this combo is super pretty! I need some CND effects ASAP!

Can't wait to get my mitts on this collection. Merino Cool is pretty by itself, but I LOVE it with that CND effects polish! :)

i love how you added the cnd.. very classy but fun.. too

I am glad you all like the combo! I think it looks great together!