Tuesday, January 19, 2010

China Glaze: Four Leaf Clover (Up & Away Collection)

"Four Leaf Clover" by China Glaze is part of the new Up & Away Collection which launched this month. Like I have mentioned before I was super excited about this collection because I LOVE cremes and I love the color palette of this collection (soft pastels and a few brights). I ended up purchasing the entire collection, which is something I have never done before, but I couldn't resist. I almost skipped this color. I wasn't sure how I felt about a "kelly green" but I am so so happy I didn't skip this as it's actually one of my favorites from the collection.

This is a beautiful bright creme green. It borders on neon but is not quite as bright as a neon. The photos here are two coats which was perfect opacity. The formula is wonderful, I love China Glaze polishes. I love the normal sized brush (compared to the nightmare OPI brush) and I find the application to be easy and neat. Note, much less pooling around the cuticle. I think this polish is a true winner so if you think you'd like the color I say go pick this up.

(As always click on photos to enlarge. Please see below for comparison of "Four Leaf Clover" and "Turned up Turquoise").






Comparison: "Turned up Turquoise" & "Four Leaf Clover


Now I mentioned to Nicole yesterday on Twitter that "Four Leaf Clover" is like the creme version of "Turned Up Turquoise" so I thought I'd show you them side by side. In hindsight I should I have done a nail on nail comparison but I was lazy. You cannot see the differences very clearly in the photos below but what you can see is the similarities.

"Turned Up Turquoise" is a neon, which means it's super bright and highly pigmented. What you cannot see in the comparison photos is that "Turned up Turquoise" has a slight shimmer to it. I am not sure how to describe it but it's got some fine shimmer particles which are the same color as the polish, hence why you cannot see it in the pictures. I hope that makes sense.

"Four Leaf Clover" is a true creme. There is no shimmer in it whatsoever. It's a smooth green color.

Do you need both? I'd say yes. They are NOT dupes. They are the same "color" but they are not the same finish at all. One is a high gloss creme the other is a shimmery neon. I know the photos look similar but I assure you there is a HUGE difference in these colors.





What do you think of "Four Leaf Clover"?

Prim and Polished

16 comments:

What a fun color!! How often do you polish your nails Gina?? I wish I was that dedicated - I seriously need a manicure!

Isn't it! It's a little crazy for work or anything but it's really pretty!

It depends on the week but usually every 2 days or so. I can't stand to have a single chip or tip wear LOL I am a little compulsive about it!!

I'd say "Turned Up Turquoise" & "Four Leaf Clover" are siblings, but not twins. OK, maybe fraternal twins?? lol...very similar.

LOVE this, it's so pretty. Everyone is all over these teal/turquoise colors for spring, so I bet this will be a big one! I think I'll have to spring for it. I was hoping though that it was just a tad more green, less blue - but it's still pretty!

I've been waiting for this one because I ADORE the name :) I really wish it was a little less neon - I was hoping for a dark Emerald when I first heard the name. That aside, I like this color a lot. Thanks for sharing!

Exactly!!! Turned up Turquoise is like the glamorous sister and Four Leaf Clover is the more toned down but still beautiful one! :-) Love that description!

Hi Nicole, I agree,would have been nice if it was a touch greener.

Brooke, I agree an emerald shade would make more sense re: the name. I love emerald green!!

Sorry I commented out of order, I did it as I approved the comments, I didn't realize there were more comments!!!

Thanks for reading everyone!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color! My absolute fave from this collection...and it looks awesome on you. I think this color compliments all skin tones!!

Thanks! I agree, I cannot think of anyone this wouldn't look great on!

It looks gorgeous on you. Glad you didn't pass this one. =)

Can you please come and do my nails!?! I used to be so good about changing my polish on a weekly basis and now I'm just lazy!

LOL Vanessa! Believe it or not I am not sure how great I'd be at doing other's nails hahah