Thursday, January 21, 2010

China Glaze: Re-Fresh Mint (Up & Away Collection)

China Glaze's "Re-Fresh Mint" is another polish from the new Up & Away collection. Mint green is a popular color among nail polish fanatics and on the runways so this color is right on time.

Mint green is my favorite color. My wedding colors were mint and chocolate brown. I haven't purchased a mint polish before this one because the swatches I'd seen online always leaned a bit too blue, or a bit too lime. I was excited to see this one on the previews because it seemed to be that perfect "mint" color and I have to say it certainly didn't disappoint.

The formula on this one is thick and highly pigmented. I think it was a little difficult to apply streak free but it was not a disaster by any means. I think you can see in the photo, just two coats to an opaque and smooth finish.

The color, like I said, is the quintessential mint green, which I love, but I am not sure I love it on my nails... there, I said it, BAD polish blogger! I know, I know, it's IN right now but I am not sure it suits my skin tone. I doubt you can tell from the photos of my hands but I have a very slight olive undertone and I feel like the green pulls that out and sort of makes me look "dead". Will I wear this again, of course!! Is it my favorite color to rock? Sadly, no. I thought I would LOVE this, but to me it's just okay. It's just my skintone though, the formula is good and the color is probably the truest real pastel mint I have seen out, I just don't know how I feel about the color on me.

If you're loving the mint green trend I say RUN, don't walk, RUN to get this one. It's a true mint, not very blue, not lime, but mint. You won't regret the purchase.







Prim and Polished

12 comments:

It's a very beautiful but maybe a bit difficult color :) I've used it to Konad over Four Leaf clover.

I almost tried it that way as well when I did the Konad I posted yesterday but I choose For Audrey instead bc it was thick! How did it work out?!

It looks very nice! I try to post some pictures later today :)

Love it. Konad is the first thing I thought of when I very first saw it.

Yep, I'm gonna have to get this one!

Glad you guys like it!!!!

Nea your Konad came out so great with this, guys, check it out!

Up & Away collection has great "pairs", I love these :D Incredible bright-pastel collection and these work so well with Konad too. *love*

Such a beautiful color. Goes well with your skintone too!

I just got this as well and I'm really excited to try it out. Right now I'm wearing Light as Air from Up & Away and I adore it, and I don't even like lilac that much!

Hi ScarlettHolly, I love Light as Air, I cannot WAIT to try it on, it's waiting. Right now I am wearing Sugar High. Great pink!