Wednesday, January 13, 2010

China Glaze "Seashell" Great Work Color

"Seashell" from China Glaze debuted recently with the Glitters and Cremes collection. You all know how I cannot pass up a good creme so when I saw this on Transdesign I knew I had to have it.

Seashell is a gorgeous pinky/peach creme. It's a perfect color for a more conservative office atmosphere or a job interview. It's my "mannequin hands" color (see All Lacquered Up for her series on "mannequin hands"). For reference I am currently NW30ish. Maybe a touch lighter, when I am tan I am NW35.

The photos show three coats, which gives you a smooth opaque finish. It is difficult to get opacity on light colors like this so this one is great! "Seashell" is what I was hoping "Love Letters" was going to be when I'd seen it in the bottle. Unfortunately, "Love Letters" is much too sheer for my liking. "Seashell" makes up for that disappointment.

I think this color is a great base for some black Konad stamping, don't you? Be on the look out for that sometime soon.

Do you like "Seashell"? What is your interview/workplace/mannequin hands staple?





Prim and Polished

12 comments:

That's a really pretty colour, I'm not sure I could pull it off but I love it on you!

Thanks! Not sure how I will like it if I get tan but for now I like it. My hubby doesn't like my light colors hahaa funny that he even notices really!

Cute color!

I wear almost every color to work! Guess i'm kinda lucky :-)

Your are lucky Michele!

Thanks Gilded Angel!

I'm a pink polish kind of girl - love this color!

Such a pretty color!

I am NC15 and the yellow undertones make it difficult to find matching mannequin nail polish but I have a German drugstore brand nail polish called Iced Chai Latte that is pretty close (but with silver shimmer).

Today I bought another color from my local drugstore that looks like a good mannequin shade for me. I can't wait to try it but I don't want to remove my Nfu.Oh manicure yet:)

Thanks Vanessa! i love these sorts of colors. I noticed though if I got more mauvey than this Steve says it's "Grandma" LOL

Swatchaholic I wouldn't want to take off that Nfu-Oh either. I am DYING to get my hands on that color it's incredibly beautiful and unique! I will keep a look out for your swatch!

What a great colour! I have been obsessed with cremes lately, I'm definitely going to check this one out.

Nothing better than a great creme! Let me know if you get it!

I have that same exact polish and with 3 coats, it never seems to dry! Did you use a thinner?

Nope, no thinner. I just use Seche Vite as my top coat and it dries in a minute or so. Have you tried a good topcoat? It's invaluable! Thanks for reading