Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Orly "Snowcone": Spring II 2010 Sweet Collection

"Snowcone" by Orly is part of the Spring II 2010 Sweet Collection. This collection will be available in April 2010. "Snowcone" is described as a "baby blue creme" which is pretty accurate. I'd call it "Cornflower Blue" if I wanted to be fancy about it. These photos were taken indoors because we had horrible rain yesterday, but they are pretty accurate color wise.


The formula on this color is thick and pigmented. It is actually opaque in just one coat but I applied two to even out my mistakes. Someone with a better application technique will absolutely be able to get away with one coat with no visible nail line.

The polishes in the sweet line come with a free mini key chain lip gloss as well. This one came with a blue frosty one. I think the flavor/scent is supposed to be blueberry snow-cone but to me this smells exactly like red Twizzlers, which is a great fun smell. As for flavor I don't get much. The color of the gloss is pretty much clear with a tenny hit of blue, but you don't have blue lips or anything LOL. Just a glossy, sparkly frost.

I think this is a nice blue for spring. I love a Robin's Egg, pastel style blue around Easter time. Will you be checking "Snowcone" out when it hits stores in April?





Disclosure: This product was furnished to me by Orly for consideration. All reviews published on this blog are at my own discretion. Please refer to my Disclosure Policy.

Prim and Polished

12 comments:

Definitely want! I love all colors like this!

I'm probably even more exited about this collection then I was for the Up & Away. Just gorgeous blue.

Thanks Rebecca.

Lacquermaniac - it's a great collection. I have two other colors, the light yellow and a baby pink, be on the lookout for those!!!

Loving this blue, it really pops!

Thanks girls, I love it too!!! I wish I had better light to take the pics, what an awful day we had here yesterday!

think that one is going on the wishlist, thanks for the swatch :)